Senior Backend Engineer
Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, one of America's fastest-growing companies, Inc5000 2023, 3 years running, one of the 20 coolest identity access management and data protection companies, CRN Security 100 2023, a Market Leader in DSPM at the 11th annual Global InfoSec Awards (Cyber Defense Magazine) and 2023 Disruptor Gold Winner - Most Disruptive Cyber Security Software, Globee Awards.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We’re looking for a software engineer with a "can do anything" spirit for our new Cloud team, reporting to the Cloud group director. Our new Privacy team is dealing with the super interesting and challenging mission of moving BigID toward the Cloud and into the future. As a software engineer in the Cloud group, you will be responsible for building new services and products from scratch, making on-premises existing solutions to work in Cloud environments, and bringing innovation to the team's developments. Our ideal candidate is a team player who has hands-on Backend experience with knowledge related to Cloud environments, specifically AWS, and is capable of claiming ownership of a feature, from one end to another.
What you’ll do:
- Design logical solutions to complex challenges for our customers who are among the most successful enterprises in the world
- Write high-quality code, covered by solid unit and integration tests
- Drive technological and architectural decisions
- Review the design and code for other team members
- Develop the company’s next SaaS products
What you’ll bring:
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in Backend development: Java, Node.js
- Deep understanding of API protocols
- Experience with micro-services architecture and messaging
- Experience in Agile development
- A can-do-attitude
- Java and Spring knowledge
- JS express knowledge
- Full stack capabilities
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements
- Other compulsory benefits based on country of residence
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do, Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out