Mobile Reverse Engineer (Android)
Brankas is solving the "last mile" for Open Finance in emerging economies. Since launching in Indonesia in 2017, Brankas is now the leading Open Banking technology provider in Southeast Asia. Brankas’ technology empowers banks, fintech partners and users to build and activate real-time and secure APIs for payments, identity, transaction data, and more.
Our vision is to make modern financial services available to everyone.
Job Title: Mobile (Android) Reverse Engineer
Hiring Manager : Senior Engineering Manager
Location: Remote (South East Asia)
What do you get to do?
- Brankas is looking for a strong engineer who has excellent technical abilities to uncover the inner workings of Android APKs using Disassembly and deobfuscation
- You will be working with Assembly, C, Java/Kotlin,the JVM and SSL Certificate pinning mechanisms
- You will be unlocking advanced encryption mechanisms and performing API extraction, including ‘best-in-class’ bot detection frameworks
- You will be working with common reverse engineering tooling (e.g dex2Jar, JDGUI, APKTool, Frida, Objection, Charles, Android Emulator, JED, unidbg)
What do we look for in you?
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- Demonstrated experience working with backend technologies
- Familiar with cloud technologies, service offerings, and related APIs (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Previous experience working in banking, ecommerce, or finance is a plus
- Candidates must have excellent English communication skills and be independently driven to success
- Should have a strong desire to work in a fast moving, but rigorous development environment, with focus on pushing high quality, production grade, and secure code.
- At the time, we strongly preferred candidates in Asia’s time zones but this role has some flexibility due to the nature of the work.
Why join us?
- 100% remote work + flexible working hours
- Competitive salary + 13th month bonus + health insurance + benefits
- Leaders in Open Banking/Open Finance in South Asia
- TOWN (Time Off When Needed) leave policy (paid time off)
- Outstanding teammates who want to celebrate your success
- Mentorship and guidance
- Excellent leadership and network of individuals