Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
Today, Cobalt helps secure hundreds of leading companies (DocuSign, Credit Karma) by connecting them with on-demand pentesting experts. The application brings both sides together to identify, triage and fix vulnerabilities. More than seven years and over 20K commits later, our technology has been battle tested by thousands of users.
We're a growing SaaS company, full of can-do people who care about craft, collaboration, and our customers. It's an exciting time to join.
If you enjoy making an impact, the Cobalt Engineering team is excited to hear from you. This is a full time, remote opportunity to be based in Berlin, Germany.
What You'll Do
- Work in a remote-first, globally distributed engineering team (US, Germany, UK)
- Make an impact as we build the best Pentest as a Service Platform
- Be an active member of a cross-functional product development team that frequently interfaces with business stakeholders
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality
- Consistently deliver high quality features and functionality
- Review code and mentor other engineers
- Provide time estimates and participate in agile development and continuous delivery processes
- Review specifications and work with PMs and Designers to drive sprints
- 5+ years development experience with Ruby, and ideally also with React
- Strong grasp of SOLID principles with a commitment to engineering excellence
- Ability to communicate effectively in an asynchronous environment
- High comfort level with a remote-first and a global company
- Experience with full stack architectures, working with RESTful API design and implementation
- Familiarity with Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Exposure to cloud architectures - we’re on Google Cloud
- Deep understanding of the SDLC tooling ecosystem (+ security tools, even better)
- Ability to build scalable, maintainable, and performant production code
- Good written and verbal communication in English
Bonus If You Have
- Experience in a SaaS company
- Experience with Kotlin, Go, PostgreSQL
- Experience with K8s, GCP, Terraform
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry / knowledge of best practices
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
Something looks off?