Chief People Officer
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
Cobalt is seeking a Chief People Officer who is a hands-on strategic thinker and understands how to develop talent in a global organization while adapting to rapidly changing market dynamics.
You will be responsible for helping us drive a high performance culture and deliver operational excellence that will enable business growth while ensuring we’re providing an outstanding employee experience. You will own and drive the overall People strategy and cultural direction of the organization – including talent attraction and talent management, organizational and performance management, learning and development, total rewards, people operations and processes, change management and succession planning.
This is a full-time, remote opportunity to be based in either the Eastern or Central timezones of the United States. You will report directly to the CEO and be a member of the Executive Team.
What You'll Do
- Elevate the level of the People function to have a “seat at the table” that will contribute to the strategic direction of the company
- Act as an advisor / thought partner to the CEO on all things leadership, people and culture, including our approach to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion where you will set the standard of thinking and action as an ambassador for under represented groups, and foster an inclusive work environment
- Deliver and implement an annual People strategy alongside a 3 year vision, ensuring the People strategy aligns with Cobalt’s mission and values
- Create and drive a compensation and incentivization strategy that attracts and retains the best talent
- Create and drive a successful talent acquisition and employer branding strategy.
- Foster and drive individual career development and upskilling through our learning and development programs and internal mobility, with a specific focus on leadership at all levels.
- Analyze and and improve all people-related processes, policies, operations and tools in close collaboration with our finance and other teams
- Coach leadership on effective talent management and organizational development (eg: team structure changes, individual career path changes)
- Lead employee communication efforts as an efficient way to increase engagement within the organization
- Drive an operationally sound department - plan, manage and monitor department budget, and report regularly on People-related topics, projects, OKRs and KPIs
- You have 15+ years of professional experience in the People area including 6+ years of experience in a leadership role in an agile, fast-paced environment
- “Been there, done that” - you implemented People Development, People Operations, and Talent Acquisition frameworks
- You have seen the stage ahead of us (200-500 employees), and you are continuously hungry for introducing better ways of doing things
- Leader of leaders - you know how to create a strong team feeling, you have great coaching skills and you value trust and cooperation
- You have a deep understanding of the dynamics of decentralized, flat, autonomous, globally distributed and multicultural company environments
- You have a strong business acumen who can understand the needs of the market and different teams and coach stakeholders accordingly
- You have a data driven approach with strong communication skills, project management skills and change management experience
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
Pay Range Disclosure
Cobalt is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $230,000 - $300,000 per year + equity + bonus + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states and may be impacted by proximity to major metropolitan cities.
Something looks off?