Channel, Senior Manager, US
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
The Channel, Senior Manager will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of all channel initiatives to ensure short- and long-term market and revenue expansion through a variety of ecosystem partner types and relationship models, including referral, and reseller, and MSP/MSSP. This is a hands-on high impact role, with both market-building and revenue-driving responsibilities.
What You'll Do
- Develop a clear channel go-to-market strategy that shows how Cobalt will effectively build our ecosystem to drive market presence, to speed platform adoption, and to scale revenue growth.in alignment with corporate strategy.
- Assess and improve upon current processes, methodologies, infrastructure and metrics to optimize performance of existing and future channel partner relationships.
- Define and implement operational metrics and KPIs that measure, optimize, and continually improve effectiveness of ecosystem relationships.
- Build and maintain Partnership playbook.
- Identify, recruit, onboard and enable partners.
- Coordinate with strategic partners to create and execute business plans to meet mutual short- and long-term goals.
- Meet business targets on a quarterly basis.
- As you gain momentum, build and lead a team to support the partner ecosystem.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge in key product functionality.
- Travel as necessary.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and Product to enable partners’ growth.
- Contribute positively to Cobalt culture and live our values.
- Minimum of 10 years of channel and sales experience.
- Proven success creating a channel strategy, building, and leading channel teams for high-growth B2B SaaS businesses, with specific material business expansion.
- Security industry experience and a network of contacts at MSP and MSSPs in their security practices.
- A background in B2B SaaS GTM roles positioning and selling into IT personas (CTO, CISO, etc,).
- Proven quota responsibility and attainment.
- A strong leader and motivator with proven success in building a world-class, global ecosystem team with proven, repeatable methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop team structures, performance measurements, and forecasting systems with partners.
- People-first person who can recruit, hire, and develop a diverse and inclusive decentralized team to meet ambitious goals.
- Experienced and credible in building valuable relationships with senior leaders & decision-makers.
- High energy individual with exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel, both domestically and internationally. Prior experience working with an internationally distributed company is a plus.
- Familiarity with structuring and negotiating partnership agreements
- Works well in a rapidly changing growth environment.
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off and paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
Pay Range Disclosure
Cobalt is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $140,000-$160,000 per year + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states and may be impacted by proximity to major metropolitan cities.