People Coordinator - Fixed Term Contract (DE or UK)
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
This position is for a minimum 8-month fixed-term contract and will report to Cobalt’s Chief People Officer. We are looking for someone who has a keen interest and understanding of the operational and programmatic side of HR. This role will involve being a dependable point of contact for our employees based in Germany and the UK, providing them with HR support and working on various global People-related programs. This is a remote position based in Berlin or London with occasional office visits for HR activities such as employment contracts, official documentation, mail delivery, and company meetings.
What You'll Do
- Facilitate and implement People programs such as employee engagement surveys, monthly All Hands, recognition awards, mentorship programs, quarterly initiatives and People Office Hours
- You will be responsible for analyzing employee engagement surveys and providing comprehensive feedback to management
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process, from headcount approval, job posts, screening interviews, candidate job offers and support with onboarding of new hires in Germany and the UK
- Employee document administration (e.g. drafting and updating employment agreements, verifications of income, reference letters, and other employee documents)
- Support the ongoing set-up of HR processes and tools
- Take on additional responsibilities of the Global People Team
- Background working in People operations, preferably in a global organization
- Understanding of most common People processes and practices, like employee document administration, compensation, and onboarding
- Our core Cobalt values resonate with you and you endeavor to exemplify our values in the work that you do
- You are interested in developing your career within the People function and you’re willing to invest time to learn every day
- You are a clear and confident communicator in English. German is a plus, but not a must
- You are a people person who thrives on meeting new people and making them feel welcome
- You have a problem-solving and can-do attitude, combined with skills to work cross-functionally and a willingness to take initiative
- You are a creative problem solver - highly structured, organised, and have the ability to work to tight deadlines to provide practical solutions on multiple projects
- You are highly collaborative, and love to help others reach their objectives
- Strong ability in using Google Workspace, Jira, and Slack (Google Meet, Sheets, Docs, in particular) and has ability to easily learn and use new software
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and HRIS systems (ie. Greenhouse and HiBob)
Bonus If You Have
- A HR qualification in the UK or Germany, or an understanding of employment law
- Cybersecurity background
- Experience working with multiple functions and various levels of leadership
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off and paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany