Credit Risk Manager
The backbone of Latin America’s economy is formed by SME’s that do not have access to proper financial services and lack the expertise to manage their operations effectively. We are trying to fix this problem. delt.ai is an early-stage startup whose goal is to create the first digital bank for businesses that effectively manage transactions to records as automated as possible. We are to become the go-to platform for operational viability and financial expertise. delt.ai is backed by reputational VC’s that include Y Combinator, Foundation Capital, Soma Capital, Plug and Play Ventures, Venture Souq, and founders of other YC-backed companies.
As we prepare to grow and further develop our product, we are seeking a passionate individual to fill the position of Credit Analyst. The candidate mustparticipate in the creation of innovative credit products for SMEs in Mexico, make a difference in the current financial market and promote growth in the SMB sector. The Credit Analyst will report directly to the Director of Credit Services.
Credit Analyst Responsibilities:
- Co-create our internal credit risk model and search for ways to automate it. The candidate will have to collaborate with different areas of the company in order to create the model according to the companies tolerance for risk and parameters.
- Assess the creditworthiness of existing and prospective clients. The main objectives are to keep growing with a past-due portfolio of 0% and a 24 hours authorization / rejection process.
- Examine and analyze the financial transactions and credit history of delt.ai ’s clients in a case by case manner to keep improving our assessment based on historical data.
- Determine in depth the degree of risk involved in our portfolio to give valuable information for other areas to establish growth strategies that align with maintaining our loan book health.
- Carefully analyze data, produce clear and objective reports & metrics and work in requirements to automate them.
- Routinely monitor loans for compliance and keep track of the collection process. Additionally improve the rules of the process and work to achieve automation involving different areas of the company, finding insights to decide which is the best way to nudge a good behaviour from our customers.
- Help create and adhere to credit policies and guidelines. These guidelines need to be done creatively and with knowledge of credit portfolio management so that our policies are unique, transparent and functional.
- Draft models of credit information that predict trends and patterns.
- Co-create new credit products and risk models for each one. We innovate according to what we identify in the market, based on feedback and overall behaviour.
We seek autonomous people willing to work in a fast-paced environment, willing to learn, and interested in making a real difference in Latin America’s financial sector.
- Proven working experience in credit analysis (+5 years)
- Up to date with legal, compliance and market risk related issues
- Depth knowledge about mexican SMEs operations
- Ability to analyze cash flows, leverage, collateral and customer strength
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Sound judgement
- Attention to detail
- Research and analysis skills
- Time management
- Technical skills
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience working at startups
- Previous experience using systems to asses credit risk
What we offer:
- Work in a passionate and high-skilled team
- Opportunities for growth and constant learning
- Competitive salary for a startup
- Flexible schedule, including home office
- Ground floor opportunity to shape the direction of a fintech company
- An excellent work environment
Why join delt.ai?
In delt.ai we are changing the way SME’s do business and we are creating a workplace that propels their growth. We believe in doing things right which is why we foster an environment of transparency and honesty. Additionally we care about the career development of our fellow deltas by creating constant opportunities to become better versions of themselves by developing new skills. If you are looking for this kind of work environment join us!