Senior Engineer - Node.js
Multiply the impact of industrial tech
Products of our customers solve real problems. Whether that’s saving workers on power plants from injuries, preventing oil spills, or reducing fuel consumption of facilities that in turn reduces their emissions.
Before they can do business, their products need to interface with internal systems of their customers. Building one can cost up to ~$500k and take ~18 months to complete. As integrations are a part of onboarding, they make the sales process of our customers slow and their products expensive, which ultimately limits the number of companies that can benefit from them.
Makini provides infrastructure that allows our customers to connect with hundreds of industrial systems all via one single API, eliminating the need for individual integrations altogether. We make onboarding low-touch, low cost, and we can usually deploy our product in a matter of weeks versus months. In a nutshell, we help our customers get their products into the hands of a much larger number of companies, and we do it at lightning speed!
In other words, we exist to multiply the impact of our customers so they can focus on creating value, instead of building complex integrations.
Products of our customers solve real problems:
🤕 save workers on power plants from losing fingers.
🛢 prevent oil spills.
🏭 reduce fuel consumption on facilities to reduce emissions.
We exist to multiply their impact.
Before our customers can do business, their products need to interface with internal systems of their customers, most commonly EAMs - Enterprise AssetManagement systems. Building EAM integrations is hard: one will cost $30k -$500k and take up to 18 months to complete. As integrations are a part of onboarding, they make sales process slow and products expensive, ultimately limiting number of companies that can benefit from them.
Makini builds infrastructure that eliminates the need for individual EAM integrations altogether, and enables connections across systems – all via one, simple API. We make onboardings low-touch and entry price-points low, helping our customers get their products into hands of a much larger number of companies, and do it fast.
We exist to multiply the impact of our customers and take pride in solving complex infrastructure problems to free them up and concentrate on creating value, not building integrations.
About the role
You'll be the one helping us achieve this mission. You will be working with another engineer and a product manager on the part of the product which is the core of our go-to-market. We've grown from 5 people to 50 over 2021 while growing ~100% MoM. Now is a great time to join Makini: we’ve hit PMF but are still somewhat small so people who join now still have an outsized impact on the business and the organization.
- Scope, design, and build robust, high-performance APIs and services with scalability in mind
- Experiment with and incorporate modern frameworks and techniques into operations
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps
- Influence Makini's technical direction
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers in a multicultural team
- Make thoughtful trade-offs that consider business priorities, user needs, and a sustainable technical foundation
We are looking for
- Experience with NodeJS, SQL and MongoDB
- Unit testing and debugging skills
- Typescript knowledge is a plus
- A self-starter that requires none to minimum supervision
- A “Can-Do” Attitude: positive attitude and ability to learn on the fly
- Fast & Agile: we love a good hacker
- Good written and spoken English
Something looks off?