Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mantle is a disruptive Series B, venture-backed technology company that is helping manufacturers bring millions of new products to life faster, cheaper, and more easily than ever before with its patented TrueShape™ metal 3D printing technology. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle is creating a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs. Mantle’s employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will be joining a diverse, cross-functional team that is bringing to market the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology designed for high volume production. Mantle is fundamentally changing how metal parts are made.
We are looking for Senior Mechanical Engineer with a successful track record in machine design to join our small dynamic team of accomplished engineers. We have a mixture of incremental and innovative design work ahead of ourselves. In this small company, you will do everything from design and analysis to highly detailed and technical drawings, prototype assembly and testing. Given our unique product, you also will learn from fellow engineers and materials scientists regarding our product challenges.
With this dynamic environment comes the need for a highly energetic engineer who is ready to dive into design and testing to propel our product development forward. We are looking for someone who is self motivated, a quick learner and a solid communicator. We do a lot of fun and challenging work every day, but we also work hard to maintain an easy going environment with a strong sense of community.
- Industrial machine design with custom parts including precision sheet-metal and machined parts
- Design, specification and integration of mechanical and mechatronic subsystems for innovative materials processing and automated process control
- Development, Prototyping, and Productization of first generation 3D metal printers
- Working with vendors to help specify components and optimal implementations
- Mentor junior engineers and lead projects
- Minimum of 10 years experience in machine design with a BS in Mechanical Engineering or 8 years of experience with a MSME, with a focus on engineering mechanical/mechatronic equipment including specification, design, prototyping, and BOM and documentation management
- Demonstrable experience developing complex capital equipment or machines from concept to production
- Expert user in Solidworks
Mantle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive compensation that includes equity ownership. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Something looks off?