Mantle is a growth-stage, venture-backed 3D printing company that helps manufacturers bring millions of products to life faster and more affordably while solving manufacturing labor shortages. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle has created a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs, molders, and toolmakers to automate their toolmaking processes.
Mantle’s employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will join a diverse, cross-functional team working to bring the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology to market.
As a Sales Director, you will work to identify prospective customers in our target markets (including OEMs, molders, and mold builders), initiate and manage sales opportunities, close transactions, and manage customer relationships to support their growth. You will be a key driver in meeting Mantle’s annual sales goals by building long-term partnerships with customers and providing market feedback to internal teams within Mantle. This role will focus on the geographic territory of the midwestern US, which has the largest concentration of prospective customers for Mantle.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Creating new opportunities with companies that would benefit from Mantle’s technology for automating toolmaking operations
- Managing sales processes with prospective customers to assess the fit for Mantle technology and build support for adopting Mantle’s technology
- Establishing strong relationships with multiple stakeholders within prospective customers, including executives.
- Closing transactions with new customers and managing customer relationships to support their growth
- Working collaboratively with team members in marketing, customer success, and product to share insights and improve aspects of Mantle’s technology, messaging, and sales processes
- Minimum 10 years of experience and consistent record of success in manufacturing technology sales (prefer manufacturing software sales, machine tool capital equipment sales, and/or additive manufacturing sales experience)
- Technical acumen and the ability to form trusted relationships with engineers and toolmakers within prospective customers
- Business acumen and the ability to form trusted relationships with executives while building justification for a $350k+ capital investment
- Strategic thinking and the ability to manage dynamic sales processes
- Professional, patient, and quick to listen when interacting with customers and teammates.
- Personal characteristics that include being a results-oriented team player with a positive attitude, growth mindset, integrity, accountability, adaptability, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Experience and/or understanding of toolmaking, injection molding, and/or additive manufacturing.
- Competitive compensation
- 4 weeks PTO
- 11 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Equity and 401(k) plan
- Regular team lunches and events
Cash Compensation and Equity
Annual cash on-target earnings (OTE) consists of base salary and incentive compensation. Total on-target earnings for this role ranges from $175,000 to $250,000 and is commensurate with experience relative to the position. Position also includes stock options that are subject to vesting. Actual compensation depends on a variety of factors including location, experience, and skills.
Mantle is an equal-opportunity employer. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.