Business Development Lead
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
We're a London-based Seed-stage startup building the world’s most robust carbon emissions data
platform, providing decision-grade greenhouse gas emissions data for enterprise-level corporates to
achieve their disclosure and decarbonisation goals. We're backed by Y Combinator, NEA, Lakestar,
Octopus Ventures, and others. We have a flagship commercial partnership with Nasdaq, and other
About the Role
We’re looking for a Business Development Lead who will play a pivotal role in driving the growth and
success of our organization. The scope of this role is to sell the software platform directly to large
enterprise customers, from lead-gen through to close.
This position is designed for a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, possesses
excellent communication skills, and has a proven track record in business development. You will be
responsible for identifying new business opportunities, building strategic partnerships, and
contributing to the overall expansion of our market presence. The position requires the ability to
build relationships with prospective clients, develop a value proposition combining intricate
knowledge of corporate sustainability and Minimum’s product.
This role will come with ambitious targets and high accountability to hit those targets. As a Business
Development Lead, you'll have the autonomy to craft and execute your go-to-market strategy. You
will be fully supported by a collaborative team of commercial, customer success, and co-founders to
help you hit your targets.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll be working most closely with the Co-founder & CEO, Chris Winchurch
(www.linkedin.com/in/chris-winchurch) and James Parker (https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-parker-214b3aa2).
Chris is one of Minimum’s three founders and has worked in a variety of roles across Commercial,
Product & Engineering, and Investor Relations including fundraising. Chris started his career at The
Boston Consulting Group in London (2016-19) before pursuing an MBA at Harvard Business School.
Chris dropped out of Harvard after the first year once Minimum was accepted into Y Combinator in
the Summer of 2020. Chris has a Masters’ Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from Imperial
James is Minimum’s Founding Sustainability Lead and works closely with the commercial team to
work with prospective clients developing an understanding of our product and how that will bring
value to the client. James has a MSc in Climate Change Science and previously worked at The Carbon
Trust advising clients on their sustainability strategy.
Development & Progression Opportunities
This role offers significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the
organization. Successful performance in this position may lead to leadership roles within the
Business Development team or other strategic departments. We are committed to investing in the
development of our employees through training programs, mentorship, and exposure to diverse
Location & Travel
This role is primarily in-person at Minimum’s HQ on Bermondsey Street. While we do offer a level of
flexibility around hybrid-working in general, and remote working for specific periods, we believe that
there’s no substitute for regular, extended in-person collaboration — particularly in an early-stage
Benefits & Compensation
Competitive salary, equity, and benefits package.
- Sell the software platform directly to large enterprise customers, from lead-gen through to close
- Conduct market research to identify potential clients, market trends, and competitive intelligence
- Develop and implement effective business development strategies to meet and exceed revenue targets
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key clients and strategic partners
- Stay abreast of industry developments, emerging technologies, and market trends
Who are you?
- You give a damn about the things that you choose to do
- You are able to navigate uncertainty with composure & determination
- You have very strong written and verbal communication
- You are results-driven with a focus on exceeding targets and delivering measurable outcomes
- You have demonstrated the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and partners
- You are adaptable and have a willingness to embrace new challenges and opportunities
- 3-6+ years experience in a business development role
- Experience in Sustainability (e.g. understanding / knowledge of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, and other GHG / Sustainability / Reporting standards)