People Business Partner, R&D and Medical
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Owkin is looking for an experienced and results-driven people partner to align our people's initiatives and functions with the objectives and needs of our growing business. This role will work closely with our R&D and Medical teams, enabling them to meet their strategic objectives from a people perspective. You will work closely with the Director of People Partner & Ops and managers to ensure that employees are treated fairly, given the resources they need to succeed at their jobs and help deliver on the global people strategy.
This position plays a critical role in providing expert strategic and technical advice to support our leaders within R&D and Medical to effectively manage their people, achieve change and business outcomes. The People Partner will support our fast growing startup environment helping us attract, retain, develop and engage all of our great Owkinautes by cultivating a great work environment.
In particular, you will:
- Work together with the Chief People Officer and the Director of People Ops & Partnership to define the global people strategy and drive a efficient people processes and practices
- Partner with R&D and Medical business leaders to outline key People initiatives that will ensure we attract, hire and retain the best talent
- Responsible for setting and delivering the people strategy for the R&D and Medical teams
- Accountable for the delivery of all people activities across the Employee Lifecycle within R&D and Medical e.g. employee relations, reward, resourcing, attendance and performance, supported by the People Ops Team.
- Coach, influence, guide and constructively challenge people managers and leaders to ensure strong people performance
- Define the hiring plan: HC strategy, job profiles and leveling working in partnership with R&D, Medical and the finance team so budgets targets are met
- Own KPI’s and performance improvement within your area, using people metrics to provide insight to support planning, decision-making and action.
- Roll out training and development initiatives to ensure people are set up for success and we have high quality managers.
- Address any ER issues and work with legal to ensure that company is complaint with labor laws and legal risks are mitigated.
- Roll out and support D&I initiatives that drive and efficient and rich work environment.
This global position is based in our Paris offices.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Considerable experience in People Functions (HR)
- Working experience within the biopharma / pharma sector ideally within R&D and/or Medical functions in a people partner capacity.
- Demonstrate an understanding and passion for success through people activities.
- Able to spot opportunities for innovation and improvement and pro-actively seek ways to apply them.
- Track record of building successful partnerships across multiple stakeholders as an HR professional, with the ability to network, influence, lead, constructively challenge, coach, guide and support as required managers and their teams
- Able to understand and utilise people data to inform decision-making and appropriate action.
- Seen as highly credible and sought out for your expertise on People matters.
- Able to work with autonomy to deliver business priorities and manage workload within a dynamic operating environment.
- Experience of effectively providing information, advice, and guidance across a range of HR activities to non-specialists that enables effective management of employee issues.
- Extensive knowledge of key ER policies and procedures with an ability to provide clear, supportive and legislatively compliant guidance and advice.
- Able to analyse a problem and collaborate effectively with others to find a solution.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time