Partnership Director, France
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Our partnership operations activities are growing rapidly, and we are currently seeking individuals with robust experience to join our Partnership management team as a full-time Partnership Director for France.
As a Partnership Director for France, you will manage the partnerships team in France, including recruitment, training, assessing performance of a team, assessing budgets, planning, resource allocation, and submitting reports to top management.
You will also drive the strategy definition for France and execute on it to secure Owkin’s access to multimodal datasets.
One of your main responsibilities will be to structure and grow the team in order to secure a successful fast expansion locally.
You will directly report to the Head of Partnerships, EU.
In particular, you will:
- Responsible for creating and delivering the partnership growth strategy for France while researching the country thoroughly and adapting strategies and country tactics accordingly.
- Build Owkin’s footprint in France in close liaison with Owkin’s Marketing and Public Affairs team.
- Leverage your own network in oncology, cardiology or immuno-inflammation to develop Owkin’s network expansion and strengthen relationships with KOLs at a senior level, as well as institutions’ c-level/senior management, and explore potential collaborations
- leverage your knowledge of french health innovation ecosystem around data acces and use from academic partners
- Assist your team in leading negotiations of contract terms with legal teams, provide guidance to partnership managers as well as motivation to all staff
- Ensure your team operates in an efficient manner, driving resources allocation, delivering the projects on time and within a predefined budget.
- Represent Owkin at local and international conferences
This position is office-based in Paris, or can be performed remotely in France. If remote, you will travel to Paris on a monthly basis as a minimum.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD, or Master / PhD, in biology, bioinformatics, biological engineering or similar) OR degree from business school and experience in biomedical research, pharmaceutical companies, etc.
- Team management experience required
- Good level of experience in healthcare business, developing business in a pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology firm or biomedical institution working with academic biomedical research institutions or experience in hospital/academic centers innovation office or technology transfer office, ideally both.
- Strategic vision
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in an international context
- Passion about innovation, information technology and analytics
- Ability to prioritize and to juggle multiple work streams
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and in French
- Flexibility to travel for partnership meetings and conferences
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Education Level:Master's Degree
- Possible full remote
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?