Product Designer Intern
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
As a Product Designer Intern, you will work alongside our experienced designer, product managers, stakeholders, scientists and developers to create, refine, and launch products that positively impact medical research and people's lives.
You will play a vital part in Owkin's grand effort to provide actionable data to power AI-driven biomedical research by building Europe's reference Federated Research Network. This is an ambitious project, and you will be at the forefront of it, working to ensure that the products you design meet the highest standards and deliver the most significant impact!
In particular, you will:
- be working with our Product team to develop Owkin’s products,
- Ensure that established design standards are consistently and appropriately applied within design work,
- Be engaging with product management, design, business stakeholders, and users to understand projects and needs,
- Be assisting with user research and analysis, and advocating research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations,
- Be developing user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate design concepts and solutions utilizing multiple design research methodologies,
- Be iterating with product testing and gathering feedback to validate designs and improve user experience.
Position is based in our Nantes office.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Working towards a Master’s degree in Design, Cognitive Science or equivalent,
- Enjoying working in teams and being able to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and stakeholders. You are able to interact with people of different backgrounds,
- Being a problem solver and having the ability to adapt and work independently with detail, organization and efficiency,
- Must have strong design skills and experience with design softwares such as Figma, Sketch, Whimsical…
- Passion for user-centered design, principles and methodologies, and eagerness to learn and grow,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills,
- Communicates effectively in written and oral French and English,
- Strong oral and written communication skills a must,
- Able to start in September
- You have an internship agreement "convention de stage"
- Preferably has previous experience in the health field,
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices,
- Experience working with Design Systems,
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Internship
- Education Level:Master's Degree
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?