Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Owkin is looking for a dynamic, fun and “out of the box” thinking facilities manager to join our People Team and help us grow our offices and contribute to building a great place to work for our Owkinautes.
What we expect from this role is to take the lead on building out and executing on the workplace strategy for our offices across the globe. Everything from ensuring Owkinautes had the office resources that they need, ensuring our workspaces are safe and compliant to local regulations to helping deliver on social events. This role will support our people strategy through initiatives by strengthening our company culture, optimizing creatively our resources and managing our budget.
In particular, you will:
- Accountable for Facilities Management Services on site including the coordination of teams of Technical Maintenance (Health, Safety and security in the workplace), receptionist, cleaning
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers
- Manage allocated office budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Partner with the people team to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Support the operation of all sites and maintain the consistency in our offering optimizing service delivery and minimizing disruption to the business
- Build a risk register and work with delivery teams and Site and Owkin Leadership Teams to develop and maintain processes
- Deliver on plans and coordination of Emergency Response, Business Continuity, Internal Communications strategies etc.
- Partner with site leadership to deliver on a positive employee experience, anticipating and responding to individuals, teams and site level needs
- Partner with your manager to prepare, run and forecast site operational costs and budgets.
- Be responsible for facilities contract administration work with legal team to maintain legal compliance and requirements
- Coordinate with HR and local IT team in support of new hires
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Support local event coordination
Position is based in - Paris with trip to support the London and Nantes offices
6 Month Temporary Contract
Required qualifications / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in facilities services management, vendor management
- Extensive customer service experience
- Fluent in English and French
- Have general knowledge of building annual health and security at work, fire, mechanical, electrical and regulatory requirements.
- You have shown experience in a similar role within a sophisticated multinational corporate environment.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Education Level:Bachelor's Degree
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?