Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
You will join the Data Ops team.
As a Data Steward, your role is to establish a harmonized data management practice, specifically to manage data expectation, data quality and delivery for internal and external projects, with the assistance of external experts when required.
You will also coordinate internal and external data throughout the whole life cycle (governance, curation, processing, standardization, integration) and support the OWKIN teams to provide insights on models and standardization
In particular, you will:
- Formalize the requirements into Data Dictionary and specification to collect data for data to address the research question by supporting R&D & Medical teams
- Support Partnership teams to conduct Data Hunt and Contractualization
- Oversee that the right people receive the appropriate data when required
- Contribute to the Feasibility Assessment including evaluation of the work effort for CRA (Clinical Research Associate)
- Establish processes to best manage data through the use of different standardization tools such as data models or standard terminologies, health data exchange protocols
- Maintain agreed-upon data definitions and formats and ensure that end-users adhere to the specified data standards
- Identify data quality issues by searching and properly evaluating sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability
- Prepare detailed reports for management and other departments by analyzing and interpreting data
- Collaborate with project management for data delivery to ensure all projects can start in the timely manner, following phases of the implementation lifecycle using FAIR approach and classical project management lifecycle
- Manage external suppliers CROs (Contract Research Organizations) and outsourced resources (Clinical Research Associates, Data Managers, Data Engineers) for specific projects
- Contribute to the growth and the maintenance of the Owkin's Data Catalog on a transversal layer as well as maintain internal data knowledge to answer RFPs (Request For Proposals) and by providing support to commercial teams on topics related to data (questions, studies…)
- Contribute to better data documentation providing support to the redaction of Data Management SOPs, Data Management Plan, de-identification processes
- Ensure compliance to GDPR and regulatory (e.g. GCPs)
The responsibilities missions described are not an exhaustive list; additional tasks may be assigned or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Position is based in our Paris or Nantes offices or remotely.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, biostatistics, data management or related field
- Strong transversal medical knowledge
- Experience with multimodal health data, data management, data governance, interoperability standards, multi-stakeholder projects
- Knowledge in FAIR principles
- Past experience with both academic and private collaborators
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems and main softwares & tools
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to summarize theoretical concepts in a clear vision for non-technical interlocutors
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to use necessary databases and softwares
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information
- Able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management
- Fluent in two languages, one of which must be English
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Possible full remote
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?