Senior Manager, Pharma Business Development (US Market)
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
The Senior Manager, Pharma Business Development (US Market) has the opportunity to grow our business with pharmaceutical companies by generating new leads, managing key accounts, and contributing to the go-to-market strategy of the company.
As a Senior Manager, Pharma Business Development, you will directly manage your customers and be instrumental in creating awareness of Owkin’s tech ground-breaking, including federated AI and machine learning to enhance and accelerate drugs R&D, Market access and commercial activities in Pharma.
The Senior Manager, Pharma Business Development will report directly to the VP Pharma Business Development, US, and be a part of the global sales team. The position will require intimate cross team collaboration with our Platform, R&D, Legal, Operations and Strategy teams.
In particular, you will:
In collaboration with the VP, Pharma Business Development:
- Engage major pharmaceutical clients across multiple stakeholding groups including but not limited to Therapeutic leadership teams, bioinformatics, Translational research, IT, Real World Evidence, Procurement, R&D, HEOR and Data Science Teams.
- Secure strategic new business, close high value and complex technology and/or solution sales, while growing existing accounts.
- Engage the market with Real World Evidence, Data access, AI and Predictive Analytic concepts which are pushing the current frameworks of medical research and will drive significant changes in clinical processes.
- Exhibit growth within the position by playing a key role in scaling the Book of Business in the US.
- Been a key member of an industry-leading BD/sales team displaying commercial success with the Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry. Relevant network in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry is a plus.
- Experience in technology, diagnostics, data, clinical trials and/or service sales with the pharmaceutical industry and having led activities throughout the sales process is preferred.
- Some relevant business development or sales experience is essential.
- A University Degree with strong scientific and technical/IT background, preferably a Masters/PhD degree in the Sciences or IT/Technology (Molecular Biology, Epidemiology, HEOR, Genetics, Oncology, Statistics, AI, Machine Learning, Data Science, etc).
- Personal attributes that ensure you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment such as, proactivity, independence, tenacity and adaptability. Great Owkinaute’s also possess a good sense of humor, integrity and professionalism.
- An excellent level of English language, with high levels of verbal communication and writing skills.
- Computer literacy (Google suite, Slack, Salesforce).
- A fascination for innovative research and Artificial Intelligence, the future of clinical research and medicine and passion for solving the biggest problems in health.
- Experience of working in a PE or VC backed start-up or scale-up company environment would be highly advantageous.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, well-funded company with real potential to make an impact on the lives of patients.
What we offer
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please complete the form and submit your CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn.
- Communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- The Owkin talent team do use platforms such as LinkedIn and Job Teaser, however if you have any concern or doubt about this contact, please ask for them to send an email from @Owkin.com.
- The Owkin talent team will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (Google Meets). They will not occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the talent and hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn.
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.com/hiring
- contact the following authorities: