R&D Operations Internship
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
We're seeking a motivated individual to join our R&D organization for a maximum 6-month internship as an R&D Operations Intern.
You’ll be at the heart of our R&D operations, working in the R&D department to help scale our research. You will help your colleagues stay focused on their projects by putting in place systems and resolving issues before they arise. This would be an ideal opportunity for a highly-motivated, organized and analytical individual with a strong interest in helping scale a company.
In particular, you will:
- Support the implementation, optimization and automatization of our R&D processes
- Project Staffing: support the Project Management and Solutions teams in optimizing our project staffing process, including improving the allocation of the most suitable individuals to each project.
- Project Reporting: how to ensure that all stakeholders who need to be informed about project progress are informed at the right level and at the right time?
- Facilitate Inter-department collaboration, e.g connect the sales function and new project forecasts with staffing previsions. Engage with different stakeholders across R&D teams and BD teams to design processes and tools. Translate BD forecasts into R&D staffing forecasts to ensure efficient resource allocation and organizational alignment.
- ...and many other key dimensions of the R&D organization
- Be part of other activities including:
- Data Analysis & Synthesis
- Process design, implementation and improvement
- Software Development (ex: dashboard / automatization scripts in python)
Position is based in our Paris office.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree in a scientific or quantitative field (business, finance, data science etc.) in the 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Legally authorized to work as an intern in France
- Proficient in Data analysis using a programming language such as Python
- Previous internship experience in project management, consulting, investment banking or startups is highly desirable
What we offer
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please complete the form and submit your CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn.
- Communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- The Owkin talent team do use platforms such as LinkedIn and Job Teaser, however if you have any concern or doubt about this contact, please ask for them to send an email from @Owkin.com.
- The Owkin talent team will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (Google Meets). They will not occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the talent and hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn.
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.com/hiring
- contact the following authorities: