Intern - Strategy & Corporate Development
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
As a Corporate Development & Strategy Intern, you will have the opportunity to work directly with Owkin’s Corporate Development & Strategy team on a broad range of key strategic initiatives underpinning Owkin’s core business: multimodal data access, target discovery, drug positioning, AI diagnostics tools. You will interact with a wide range of other functions at Owkin in order to deliver on Owkin’s strategic growth objectives. The Corporate Development & Strategy team is involved in:
- Helping to define the overall corporate & operational strategy
- Leading Owkin’s strategy for building a pipeline of therapeutic assets and diagnostic tools
- Executing mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and asset in-licensing
- Providing market research, financial analysis, valuation exercises and guidelines to coordinate comprehensive due diligence processes
In particular, you will:
- Research, report and maintain a knowledge base of companies in drug discovery and development, health data, and diagnostics, to identify partners or competitors
- Landscape cutting-edge drug discovery technologies and/or oncology disease areas to support strategy
- Maintain project management tools and track progress
- Coordinate workstreams with other business units
- Report notes and takeaways from internal and external meetings
- Work with senior executives and managers to prepare materials for Owkin’s internal decision meetings, external presentations, and board meetings
Position is based in our Paris or Nantes offices ONLY.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is enrolled in a Master’s degree program in Economics / Finance / Management or similar with an interest in biotech, OR in Chemistry / Biology / (Bio)chemical Engineering or similar with an interest in business
- Ability to work full time for 6 months
- Previous experience in the health sector, strategy consulting or corporate finance is a plus but not required
- A structured thinker, who can formulate how to get work done and ask questions
- Communicates effectively in written and oral English
- Learns quickly and is passionate about Biotech and AI
- Prioritizes and is able to juggle multiple workstreams
- Is numerate and tech-savvy
- Is a creative thinker
The internship is based in Paris or Nantes. The applicant must have an appropriate working visa for the full duration of the internship. The start date is March 2024 but can be flexible.
What we offer
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please complete the form and submit your CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn.
- Communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- The Owkin talent team do use platforms such as LinkedIn and Job Teaser, however if you have any concern or doubt about this contact, please ask for them to send an email from @Owkin.com.
- The Owkin talent team will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (Google Meets). They will not occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the talent and hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn.
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.com/hiring
- contact the following authorities: