Senior Partnerships Manager, DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
As a Senior Partnerships Manager, you will have to develop from scratch and lead partnerships with academic players to secure Owkin’s access to multimodal datasets. With partnerships already contracted in Europe and in the US with some of the most prestigious medical and research centers (e.g. APHP, Gustave Roussy, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, King’s College London, Charité among others), your main responsibility will be to work directly with scientific, legal and IT teams to support Owkin´s data access expansion strategy locally.
In particular, you will:
- Leverage your own network in oncology and other therapeutic areas to develop Owkin’s network expansion and strengthen relationships with KOLs
- Identify and connect with academic researchers and institutes to explore potential data access opportunities and collaborations.
- Lead day-to-day engagement with these academic partners to develop long-term collaborations
- Maintain academic partner account relationships and processes
- Collaborate with both external partners and Owkin’s legal teams
- Act as the voice of our partners to identify opportunities to enhance existing products, and identify new potential product offerings
- Actively participate in developing Owkin’s partnerships development strategy, in close collaboration with other Owkin teams
- Interact with pharmaceutical companies’ business development teams to drive strategy
- Interact with the R&D team to develop skills in machine learning for biomedical data
- Represent Owkin at local and international conferences
- Build a local footprint, in collaboration with the marketing and communication team
This role can be based in our Berlin office or remotely within Germany.
We are looking for someone with:
- Degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD, or Master / PhD, in biology, bioinformatics, biological engineering or similar) OR degree from business school and experience in biomedical research, pharmaceutical companies, etc.
- A good level of experience developing business relationships in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or biomedical organizations
- An understanding of working with academic biomedical research institutions or experience in hospital/academic innovation or technology transfer offices.
- The ability to work and interact with multiple stakeholders from different backgrounds both internally and externally
- Ideally, experience in clinical trials and drug development in the pharmaceutical industry
- An ability to work in an international context
- Previous experience in working with multi modal data (Genomics, Histology, Clinical) is a plus
- Passion about innovation, information technology and analytics
- Strategic vision
- The ability to prioritize and to juggle multiple work streams
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in both English and German
- Flexibility to travel in Europe and internationally for partnership and company meetings, and conferences
- An understanding of data privacy and legal context for Germany and Europe
What we offer
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please complete the form and submit your CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn.
- Communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- The Owkin talent team do use platforms such as LinkedIn and Job Teaser, however if you have any concern or doubt about this contact, please ask for them to send an email from @Owkin.com.
- The Owkin talent team will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (Google Meets). They will not occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the talent and hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn.
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.com/hiring
- contact the following authorities: