Lead Software Engineer (Founding Team)
Founding Engineer (m/f/x)
Proofcheck, the enterprise AI proofing platform, is redefining modern content quality assurance operations. Our LLM powered workflow solution is the ultimate QA co-pilot for professionals who need to collaboratively proofread high-stakes longform reports, white papers, books, and ebooks. We take a 360 degree holistic approach to proofing documents that includes not only linguistic error detection, but also logical, aesthetic and design checking spanning multiple file formats.
Supporting our journey is an all-star group of venture capitalists and business angels who made early investments in Google and Dropbox and founded companies including xAI. With a decade of expertise in content operations at leading media brands, our team, guided by a visionary female co-founder, is passionately dedicated to promoting diversity in tech. We thrive on fostering innovation through collaboration in a warm atmosphere that encourages continuous learning opportunities.
As an early member of our team, you'll play a pivotal leadership role in paving our technical journey. We’re looking for a talented fullstack builder, visionary, and innovator who has a demonstrated passion for all things NLP and Document AI to join us in Vienna!
- Writing clean, high-quality, performant, maintainable code
- System design, grokking, and POCs for new features
- Support of legacy software components including scaling distributed systems
- Unit and integration testing
- Conducting code reviews
- Crafting code and system documentation
- Designing and deploying Kubernetes microservices on GCP with Terraform
- Building and maintaining application monitoring tools
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5+ years of backend professional experience using Python, Unix Shell, C++, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, and Git with CI-CD Pipelines
- Knowledge of frontend web frameworks such as Vue.js, Angular or React
- Exposure to Machine Learning techniques and the modern PyData stack (Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Sklearn, Pytorch, NLTK, Spacy, HuggingFace)
- Fluency in English required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a STEM field preferred
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with LLM frameworks such as Langchain (LCEL), Llama-index, Guardrails or Guidance
- Experience Fine-tuning LLMs using HuggingFace PEFT and or deploying and serving LLMs in a production setting
Proofcheck is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. Proofcheck provides salary and other compensation in line with the standard collective bargaining rates established in Austria for the IT industry. As an early-stage startup, we can additionally incentivize our teammates with sizeable equity packages.