Robotic Operations Engineer
Robotic Operations Engineer
Rugged Robotics is on a mission to empower the construction industry to build better by innovating new approaches to tough problems using automation. We are a fast-paced start-up environment where every employee takes on many roles and wears many hats. To help our customers to build better, we need to build the best team.
The operations team at Rugged Robotics is responsible for deploying our robot in the field and providing the service of automated construction layout with speed, precision, and reliability. As a Robotic Operations Engineer working with robots at a start-up, you will be operating robots at customer’s construction sites, working directly with them to address their needs, and developing improvements to hardware & software systems.
- Frequently travel (up to 50% of the time) to deliver automated construction layout as a service to our customers by deploying & operating robots, debugging issues as they arise, and supporting our customers to complete their projects.
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams and customers to drive improvements to the robot platform based on experience with the robot and layout process in the field.
- Become knowledgeable about the entirety of our business model and the robotic system, including the state-of-the-art construction techniques and the robot’s electro-mechanical & software components.
- Represent the company while coordinating with customers for future projects and meeting the customers directly in the field.
- Excited by the prospect of traveling to various locations and working directly with customers to solve their challenges, on their turf.
- An excellent communicator and able to work alongside a diverse set of stakeholders on construction sites, including owners, executives, project managers, superintendents, team leaders and trade workers. Capable of adjusting message and communication style as appropriate for a given situation.
- Deeply familiar with the construction industry, and comfortable deploying tools and services on construction sites.
- Passionate about delivering a product and a service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Hungry to understand robotic systems spanning across software, mechanical, and electrical disciplines.
- Eager to learn new technologies, want to grow as an individual as our organization grows, and comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Driven to improve things around you, and excited to identify, refine and/or implement improvements to robot hardware and software, company processes, and customer experience.
Great to Have
- Experience as a field engineer, or familiar with field layout for interior installation work.
- Knowledge of construction surveying basics and current technology, including Total Stations.
- Familiar with Building Information Modeling (BIM) and skilled in modeling using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Familiar with any software language, with a preference for Python.
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from day one
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- 401k Plan available
- Opportunities for growth towards technical R&D teams, business development & sales, or deployment team management as knowledge and experience is gained.
Rugged Robotics is headquartered in Houston, TX in the vibrant neighborhood of East Downtown. This role requires close collaboration with teammates, and we value the interactions that come from working together around the robots in the lab.
Interested in Rugged but don't tick all the boxes? Don't see a role that meets your skills? Reach out, let us know how you think you can contribute to the team, and define your own position.
Rugged Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at our company. All qualified candidates will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected legal status
Something looks off?