Robotic Operations Technician
Robotic Operations Technician
Rugged Robotics is on a mission to empower the construction industry to build better by innovating new approaches to tough problems using automation. We are a fast-paced start-up environment where every employee takes on many roles and wears many hats. To help our customers to build better, we need to build the best team.
The operations team at Rugged Robotics is responsible for deploying our robot in the field and providing the service of automated construction layout with speed, precision, and reliability. As a Robotic Operations Technician working with robots at a start-up, you will be operating robots at customer’s construction sites, working directly with them to address their needs, and assisting the engineering team in developing improvements to hardware & software systems.
- Frequently travel (up to 75% of the time) to deliver automated construction layout as a service to our customers by deploying & operating robots, debugging issues as they arise, and supporting our customers to complete their projects.
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams and customers to drive improvements to the robot platform by identifying performance issues and areas of improvement across the system and process.
- Become an expert in operating the robotic system to deliver accurate construction layout to our customers.
- Represent the company while coordinating with customers for future projects and meeting the customers directly in the field.
- Excited by the prospect of traveling to various locations and working directly with customers to solve their challenges, on their turf.
- An excellent communicator and able to work alongside a diverse set of stakeholders that you will encounter on construction sites.
- Passionate about delivering a product and a service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Hungry to deeply understand robotic systems across software, mechanical, and electrical disciplines.
- Eager to learn new technologies, want to grow as an individual as our organization grows, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Driven to improve things around you including the hardware, company processes, and the customer experience.
Great to Have
- Experience with multiple of the following areas: mechanical design, mechanical assembly, software scripting, and electrical wiring.
- A past that includes customer interaction and field work.
- Experience in the construction industry.
- Familiar with Python.
- A full-time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from day one
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- 401k Plan available
Rugged Robotics is headquartered in Houston, TX in the vibrant neighborhood of East Downtown. This role requires close collaboration with teammates, and we value the interactions that come from working together around the robots in the lab.
Interested in Rugged Robotics but don't tick all the boxes? Don't see a role that meets your skills? Reach out, let us know how you think you can contribute to the team, and define your own position.
Rugged Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at our company. All qualified candidates will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected legal status.