Head of Marketing (m/f/x)
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy and plan aligned with the company's vision and goals.
- Buyer & Market Intelligence: Have a deep understanding of our target markets and customers to inform strategic decision-making.
- Messaging & Positioning: Own the narrative and differentiated messaging that resonates with our target audiences.
- Revenue Growth: Play an integral role in driving 3x ARR growth by helping shape and execute our go-to-market strategy. Partner with sales to drive awareness, leads, pipeline, and closed-won using multiple channels and tactics.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with the leadership team and product, sales, and customer success teams, to align marketing efforts with company goals and drive to positive outcomes.
- Customer Advocacy: Foster customer relationships and leverage their stories to build authentic marketing campaigns. Leverage events such as the annual SPARETECH Summit to establish a strong platform for the SPARETECH Community to engage.
- Attract and Retain Talent: Build a high performing marketing team of 5+ FTE by EOY 2024. Own headcount plan, recruitment, and the personal and professional development of the team.
- New Market Launches: Support the launch of new target markets, notably a 2024 US launch.
Required Skills & Experience
- Background: with substantial experience in product marketing and at early stage companies (i.e., post-Series A, 5m€ to 25m€).
- Product Marketing & Sales Enablement: You are naturally curious and know how to gather market and buyer insights to drive company alignment on ICP, personas, and differentiated messaging & positioning. You know how to activate this through marketing campaigns, content marketing, and sales tools that target specific segments, accounts, and personas to drive awareness, leads, pipeline, and closed-won.
- Demand Generation & Account Based: You know how to generate ROI positive demand through a diverse set of offline (e.g., events) and digital channels (e.g., email, paid & organic search, etc.) that support all parts of the marketing funnel. You understand the principles of account based and how to navigate the complexities of a large enterprise sale. You know how to leverage modern marketing technology to accomplish the above.
- Communication Skills: You have executive presence and are a strong communicator for both internal and external audiences. You are skilled at decomposing complex situations and framing them in a way that is relevant to the audience and impactful.
- Data Driven: You have a data driven, test-and learn mentality to identify the right combination of targeting, messaging, and channels to drive impact. You are comfortable with numbers, have a strong understanding of marketing metrics & KPIs, and know how to get the visibility you need by leveraging various tools and reporting.
- Leadership Skills: You have experience building and leading high performing teams while still being a player coach that knows how to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
- Language Skills & Location: You are fluent in both German and English and are located in Germany.
Nice to haves:
- Strategic Comms: You have experience leveraging Public Relations, Analysts Relations, and general Corporate Communications to drive awareness and business impact.
- Customer Marketing: You understand how to use marketing across the full customer lifecycle from onboarding through engagement, upsell/cross and renewal/retention.
- Industrial Basics: You know the key basics of the manufacturing industry and have seen various factories from the inside. Knowledge of the industrial spare parts industry is even better.
- International Expansion: You have led the international growth of a marketing team; experience with the US market strongly preferred.
Mindset & Personality
- Customer-First: You are naturally curious with a strong desire to deeply understand customers. You know the importance of customer feedback and use it to improve products and services. You have a track record of creating customer-centric marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Growth Mindset: You approach challenges with enthusiasm, are constantly learning, and are honest with what you know and don’t know. You are resilient in the face of difficulty and view setbacks as an opportunity to learn and improve. You can create a team culture that values growth.
- Bias Towards Action: You are scrappy and a doer that gets things done. You thrive on impact and don’t rely on big teams and budgets. You understand the need for action and can strike the balance between perfection and progress.
- Analytical Mind: You have a data-driven, test and learn mentality. You thoughtfully leverage data to guide strategy and measure performance. You create a data savvy culture by setting performance metrics and mentor others to use data analysis to validate strategies and find ways to improve outcomes.
- Strong Character: You are humble, straightforward, and empathetic. You are collaborative and trustworthy. You set high cultural standards and champion the values expected of everyone.
What to expect at SPARETECH
- An authentic, supportive and inspiring culture in an Industrial B2B SaaS start-up
- A flat hierarchy, direct collaboration with Product/ Sales/BizDev/Founders and the Management team
- A team of 4 marketing professionals and an international team across Europe, and the commitment to grow your team
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Regular team events
- Jobrad, EGYM Wellpass, and other benefits
- Latest IT equipment and state of the art software stack
- 100% flexibility to work remotely or in our highly professional working environment in one of our Design Offices in Stuttgart and Munich with fresh fruit, snacks, coffee and a fully ergonomic desk
- SPARETECH's vision is to empower the zero waste industrial sharing economy.
- SPARETECH enables factory operators like BOSCH, PORSCHE and AIRBUS to no longer store spare parts in their inventories, but rather receive parts when needed.
- To reach this vision we are building a data driven platform that connects factory operators and suppliers across industries worldwide.
- Our platform aggregates product data from different partners and thousands of sources to allow our clients to search for the right part and to enrich their data with it.
- Our Marketing team currently consists of 3 employees, with the plan to grow >5 until the end of 2024
- We have closed a Series A round led by Insight Partners to accelerate our growth
- We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative culture and our energetic and committed team (see 4,9 stars Kununu ratings)
SPARETECH's vision is to empower the zero-waste industrial sharing economy by enabling factory operators like BOSCH, PORSCHE, and AIRBUS to no longer store spare parts in their inventories, but rather receive parts when needed. To achieve this vision, we at SPARETECH are building a data-driven platform that connects factory operators and suppliers across industries worldwide. Our platform aggregates product data from different partners and thousands of sources, allowing clients to search for the right part and enrich their data with it. SPARETECH has successfully closed a €10 million Series A round led by Insight Partners to accelerate our growth. We take pride in its inclusive and collaborative culture, as well as its energetic and committed team, as reflected in the 4.9 stars Kununu ratings.