Technical Support Representative (Remote - East Coast)
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Swiftly is a mission-driven company and the first Connected Transit Platform that helps transit agencies improve their service reliability, passenger information, and operational efficiency. Over 135 transit agencies in 8 countries partner with Swiftly today and we touch over 2 billion transit trips per year. Agencies that partner with Swiftly are able to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is increased ridership, fewer passenger complaints, and more reliable transit operations.
Technical Support at Swiftly
The Technical Support team at Swiftly works to ensure customers are happy and find immense value in the tools that Swiftly provides. We’re on the front line, being the first point of contact for customers that have questions, are encountering issues, or need more support. When problems arise, we ensure that individual customers are listened to and that their issues are cared for, and we apply a keen analytical eye to spot trends and communicate problems in proactive ways with the Product team. We are passionate about improving mobility in the communities we serve, and we work side by side with transit agencies and operators to ensure their projects are impactful. We love the human aspect of our work and thrive on getting creative to solve problems or boost network performance.
About the Technical Support Role
Swiftly now has contracts with over 125 transit agencies, meaning we get many questions, comments, and other inquiries daily. As a Technical Support Rep, you will be our first line of defense in responding to customer inquiries.
Even though Swiftly's HQ office is located in San Francisco, CA, we are open to candidates in all locations across the U.S. as well as Ontario, Canada. East Coast location is highly preferred. At this time we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship. #LI-Remote
- Lead troubleshooting of bugs and investigation of other issues as they arise. Document and partner with Product and Engineering teams to usher through resolution. Build relationships with other departments and work together to solve technical and non-technical challenges.
- Quickly and accurately handle all levels of technical support communications, across multiple channels, precisely tracking all customer interactions via Zendesk and other tools.
- Troubleshooting and determining if an issue is related to hardware or software and owning next steps.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, and other cross-functional peers on specific user-impacting issues.
- Be the front line of support for any customer inquiries & take end-to-end ownership of issues.
- Create and maintain internal and customer-facing technical support documentation and resources.
- Be the customer advocate! You are their eyes, ears, and heart here at Swiftly.
- You have experience doing technical support for a software product (think troubleshooting bugs, data issues, and so on).
- You have 2+ years of experience working with Enterprise SaaS customers in a technical capacity. (Or equivalent, transferable experience)
- You have experience working with or at public transit agencies.
- Technical understanding of APIs & GTFS-rt are a plus.
- Comfortable working with software and hardware (think hardware on buses)
- You have strong empathy and patience.
- You are a tireless investigator. When an issue arises, you own it until resolution.
- You’ve either worked in the transit or transportation industry, or you have a passion for transportation.
- You hear challenges from others and have a burning desire to solve them.
- You stay calm and seek creative ways to deliver solutions.
- You care about communities of all sizes: large and small, rural and urban.
- You are a strong communicator and are energized by spending the day working with and listening to our customers.
- Basic skills in Java, Python, or SQL are a plus.
- You are very analytical and love data.
**FOR U.S. CANDIDATES ONLY:**
In accordance with pay transparency laws: the approximate salary range for this role is $60k to $70k OTE yearly (base salary + any variable comp). This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a multitude of non-discriminatory factors including final role leveling decisions, a candidate’s relevant work experiences/skills, and geographic location within the United States. Note: salary ranges for non-U.S. candidates may be higher or lower than the U.S. numbers above depending on location.
Salary is one component of Swiftly’s total compensation package, which also includes stock options, competitive benefits, 401(k) matching, a fantastic team and culture, opportunity to have a huge impact, emphasis on professional growth and holistic wellness, and other perks.
Beyond the Skills:
- We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly "Be Well" stipend
- Flexible PTO with a required minimum
- Flexible work environment
- 16 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2023
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
As a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Swiftly has adopted a mandatory COVID vaccination policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Swiftly will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide Swiftly People Ops with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
- Why are you passionate about mobility?
- What interests you about Swiftly?
See more open positions at Swiftly
Something looks off?