Sovereigns Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
We produce the most accurate and trusted data about the carbon markets so that businesses and governments can confidently invest in, deliver, and report on real climate impact. Some of the world’s largest corporations, consultancies, and financial services institutions rely on Sylvera for their climate investment decisions.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $35m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our sales team at pace. We’re looking for mission-driven, target-oriented account executives to join our commercial function and accelerate our growth trajectory.
Those who are successful will progress quickly, either as senior individual contributors or following a sales management path.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Establish Sylvera as the Ratings company of choice in identified National Governments/Sovereigns, Carbon Exchanges and Brokers,
- Deliver and exceed Sales Targets and KPIs,
- Develop and execute outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close,
- Establish and grow strategic partnerships and relationships with multiple stakeholders within our prospects to drive to close,
- Help optimise our sales process and provide quality feedback from prospects to our product team.
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of earth,
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage start-up experience,
- Has extensive experience engaging national governments, exchanges/intermediaries on strategic (preferable climate related) issues,
- Possesses an understanding of key carbon markets and climate-related trends, regulations (current and emerging) and inter-country dynamics,
- Is target oriented with a track record of succeeding in enterprise SaaS sales,
- Is an empathetic relationship builder internally and externally,
- Can autonomously generate leads, qualify opportunities and close deals
- Has a hunger to learn, be coached and become a world-class salesperson.
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Sylvera
Something looks off?