Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
We produce the most accurate and trusted data about the carbon markets so that businesses and governments can confidently invest in, deliver, and report on real climate impact. Some of the world’s largest corporations, consultancies, and financial services institutions rely on Sylvera for their climate investment decisions.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $35m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our Commercial team at pace and hiring an exceptional Sales Engineering team to support the growth of the company. We’re looking for mission-driven SEs to support the technical aspects of our sales cycle.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Partner with Account Executives on delivering clear understanding of our product and technical offering to prospects
- Strategize with Account Executives on deal progression and client acquisition
- Conduct technical conversations with C-level and VP-level Executives to address sustainability goals
- Work with existing customers to drive usage and understanding of the ratings
- Continuously maintain and update CRM
In the role you will:
- Become fluent in each aspect of our project rating system
- Develop expertise in the analytical steps we take to assess the additionality, permanence, and co-benefits of each project and product type
- Develop strong commercial skills to support the sales cycle
- Partner with our product & marketing teams to synthesise the analytical and technical information into digestible, compelling content for our prospects
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- 1-2 years experience in product focused or carbon market role
- Loves understanding and learning the technical detail that drive complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage experience
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
Commuting distance to NYC (with access to a NYC based office)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Sylvera
Something looks off?