VP Customer Success
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our Customer Success team at pace. We’re looking for mission-driven, Customer Success Leader to scale our CS function and delight, retain and grow our customers (particularly in enterprise).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Have executive responsibility for our customer's success and retention
- Work with cross-functional leadership to make our business customer-obsessed
- Drive a customer-focused agenda into our roadmap through strong rapport with Product
- Oversee the surfacing of expansion opportunities for the sales team to work in our accounts
- Manage and mitigate churn/contraction risk through empowering CSMs and acting as a point of escalation
- Have viewpoints on support as well as success and drive the evolution of that team over time to de-risk clients
- Oversee CS as a global function and provide centralised reporting into exec leadership as appropriate
- Recruit, coach & mentor a world-class CS team - both CSMs and support functions
- Build a culture of impact, inclusivity, and fun in the CS team
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Has led a CS organisation in a high-growth, venture-backed business, with fintech experience preferred
- Thesis-minded - has strong opinions on how CS should be scaled, how it integrates with revenue org and wider business
- Customer obsessed - can actively speak to a book of amazing client relationships and friendships with their account book - and how they’ve made those champions successful through their product
- Capable of building a world-class org - able to attract top talent, alongside fostering an environment that allows commercial talent to thrive - across multiple regions (has operated across US + EMEA)
- Impressive track record - strong CS leadership background, particularly in enterprise and specifically financial services
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage experience
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Early finishes on fridays whenever we can
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
Commuting distance to NYC (with access to a NYC based office)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.