Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our sales team at pace. We’re looking for mission-driven, target-oriented account executives to join our commercial function and bring onboard the next 100+ Sylvera customers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Build and own a territory of large enterprise customers
- Develop and execute outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Establish and grow relationships with multiple stakeholders within our prospects to drive to close
- Help optimise our sales process and provide quality feedback from prospects to our product team
- Those who are successful will progress quickly, either as senior individual contributors or following a sales management path.
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage start-up experience
- Is target oriented with a track record of succeeding in mid-market or enterprise SaaS sales
- Is an empathetic relationship builder internally and externally
- Can autonomously generate leads, qualify opportunities and close deals
- Has a hunger to learn, be coached and become a world-class salesperson
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Early finishes on fridays whenever we can
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
Commuting distance to NYC (with access to a NYC based office)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.