Senior Frontend Engineer
Our engineering team is seeking a Senior Front-End Engineer that is passionate about building modern web applications, embracing new challenges, solving complex problems, and making a significant impact. You will be a member of a highly skilled team that continually delivers powerful, simple to use interfaces.
Symend’s solution is a new modern self-serve platform that sends millions of private communications on behalf of our clients. Our team is responsible for delivering a delightful user experience that ensures our clients will send the right communication, to the right person, at the right time, at scale! You will work on a variety of features including content builders, communication schedulers, data importers & exporters, and so much more.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work closely with other software engineering teams, designers, and product managers right from the inception of a project, to create a world-class user experience.
- Deliver unit tested, maintainable, and high-quality code.
- Review and provide valuable feedback on a peer’s code.
- Collaborate with teams across Symend to diagnose, understand, and solve problems, and to build solutions that may span many areas.
- Participate in planning summits and celebrate milestones with your team!
- Write well organized, clear, and informative documentation about the solutions you have designed.
- Teach and learn from those around you – You provide and receive constructive feedback to and from team members through 1-on-1s, pair programming, demos, and knowledge sharing sessions.
What You'll Need:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent hands-on work experience.
- 7+ years’ experience building and shipping top tier client-side web applications and user interfaces.
- Comprehensive experience and competence in modern JavasScript (ES6+), Typescript, React, and the latest patterns surrounding those technologies.
- A deep grasp of web standards, accessibility, and browser APIs.
- An understanding of what good REST APIs look like and how to design them.
- The ability to breakdown and communicate complex problems and solutions, in very simple ways, to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- A proven ability to lead project initiatives from ideation to completion.
- Demonstrated success in mentorship in software development to work within and nurture exceptional team members.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Full-stack and webservice API experience - building web applications using C#/.Net, Python, or NodeJS.
- Use of React frameworks such as Remix or NextJS.
- Experience managing solutions in cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, or Netlify.
- Database interest with technologies like Snowflake, RedShift, and Synapse.
- Experience with BI Tools such as Looker or PowerBI.
At Symend, we believe that all customers should be treated with empathy and dignity. That’s why we leverage our deep understanding of consumer behavior to create personalized interactions that better engage and empower customers at all points of the customer journey. Our digital engagement platform uses behavioral science, data science and advanced analytics to help our clients build stronger relationships with their customers. Symend: The science of engagement.™