Customer Success Manager
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) should act as the CEO of their accounts with the Client Stakeholders and the Symend internal teams. The CSM is responsible for the entire client lifecycle, from onboarding to ensuring client goals are met, realizing value through Symend’s suite of products and services, all while delivering an exceptional experience to ensure client retention and renewals.
The CSM is dedicated to building long-term, trusted relationships at multiple levels throughout the client organization and mobilizing internal Symend teams to keep all components of Symend services aligned with the objectives of the account.
The CSM will be our client’s first call and must be able to coordinate cross-functional teams both at Symend and within the client organization to ensure the materialization of the account goals while keeping the client satisfied. Setting the right priorities for the internal stakeholders, clearly communicating status and impacts to external stakeholders is part of the day-to-day job of a CSM. A successful CSM must also understand that our clients’ businesses are dynamic, and it is the CSM job to find the right balance between structure and agility to achieve a holistic success on the account.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build multi-level client relationships to understand their goals, system utilization, value opportunities and areas of risk or concern.
- Be able to work with, communicate, and address the needs of a variety of internal and external stakeholders at various levels of an organization.
- Proactively manage the client experience throughout the client’s lifecycle. Serve as the primary point of contact for key accounts, always delivering on-time and on-budget.
- Operate and execute in a methodical and thought-through approach that explains decision processes, and the value-add of client requests for to the internal teams. Be able to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), a Success Plan, and buy-in of internal stakeholders.
- Engage in strategic, consistent, proactive client and partner meetings to positively impact customer loyalty and revenue growth.
- Identify opportunities within assigned accounts to increase revenue through cross-selling and/or upselling, with a focus on delivering against client needs, ROI, satisfaction and client retention.
- Drive and oversee all the work from multi-disciplinary Symend teams related to the account. Be able to communicate priorities to Symend teams based on the KPIs and Success Plan. Understand the internal and external impacts on KPIs, Success Plans and priorities introduced by the business dynamics of our clients.
- Capture and communicate key account activities, milestones, actions, and escalations. Develop, track and update cost forecasts and reports, while implementing and managing project schedules. Ensure all internal and external project stakeholders are kept up to date and aligned via regular correspondence, progress reports, and meetings.
- Collect feedback from all stakeholders and drive teams to put in place the best mitigation plans for identified risks.
- Collaborate and partner with all areas of Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams to drive client success outcomes not only for the CSM accounts but for Symend as a whole.
- Create a company-wide client feedback loop that will identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
Performance Expectations / Key Measure for Success
- 100% Customer Retention / Renewal
- Cross and Up-selling within existing accounts
What You'll Need:
- University degree or an equivalent
- Must have 5+ years client-facing management experience delivering Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions to enterprise clients.
- Experience working with Marketing Technology (MarTech) or Financial Technology (FinTech) will be a strong asset.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Proven experience building trusted relationships at all levels, with both clients and internal cross-functional teams.
- Outcome-focused and driven to help define and achieve client success.
- Highly organized and self-directed with proven project and account management skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate efforts cross-functionally (internally and externally).
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical or customer escalations from origin to conclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication abilities.
- Willingness to act as an advocate on behalf of client accounts.
- Continuous improvement mindset with a drive for excellence.
- Continually provide best in class in customer service with vigor and positivity.
- An active listener who can get to the root of a problem and support with owning solutions for resolution.
- A strong team member who can also operate and execute independently.
- Understand that the key to a successful future is to always be learning.
- Adhere to deadlines by multi-tasking and staying organized.
- Define metrics to track client success activities including a client health score.
- Travel to client sites as needed and meet clients in person for onboarding and occasional meetings.
- Spanish fluency would be a nice to have.
At Symend, we believe that all customers should be treated with empathy and dignity. That’s why we leverage our deep understanding of consumer behavior to create personalized interactions that better engage and empower customers at all points of the customer journey. Our digital engagement platform uses behavioral science, data science and advanced analytics to help our clients build stronger relationships with their customers. Symend: The science of engagement.™