Technical Support Engineer, Japan
Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
Tractable has a world-class culture, backed up by our team, making us a global employer of choice!
We're a diverse team, uniting individuals of over 40 different nationalities and from varied backgrounds, with machine learning researchers and motor engineers collaborating together on a daily basis. We empower each team member to have tangible impact and grow their own scope by intentionally building a culture centred around collaboration, transparency, autonomy and continuous learning.
What you will do
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support via both chat and email
- Provide feedback and ideas to improve the overall support process
- Build tooling to automate mundane support tasks using modern object-oriented programming languages and modern application frameworks such as ReactJS, NextJS
- Give feedback on existing monitoring and build better monitoring using modern monitoring tools such as Datadog or Splunk
- Work with a number of teams from Engineering to Customer Success Management to ensure the resolution of production issues
- Capture customer product feedback and report it to the product team for improvement
- Report to the Regional Engineering Manager
What you will need
- Experience of first level support
- Drive to automate manual tasks
- Basic knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language (Ruby, Python, etc)
- Willingness to improve programming abilities
- High fluency in Japanese and English
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & 6 monthly salary reviews
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Flexible Working
- Free & unlimited Coursera subscription
- Competitive parental leave
- Regular company events such as Games Nights, Movie Nights, Lunch & Learns, and more
At Tractable, we are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive workplace where people’s varied backgrounds and experiences are valued and recognised.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and offer equal opportunities without discrimination.
Something looks off?