Staff Product Designer
Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
Tractable has a world-class culture, backed up by our team, making us a global employer of choice!
We're a diverse team, uniting individuals of over 40 different nationalities and from varied backgrounds, with machine learning researchers and motor engineers collaborating together on a daily basis. We empower each team member to have tangible impact and grow their own scope by intentionally building a culture centred around collaboration, transparency, autonomy and continuous learning.
Tractable is a product-led company that works backward from customer needs. We recognise, hire, and develop exceptional talent who care deeply about customers and their craft. The Staff Product Designer will report to the VP of Product and is responsible for leading and executing all design aspects of software development projects. This includes working with end users, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to define user requirements, create wireframes and prototypes, and produce final designs that conform to Tractable’s design system, Frame. A remarkable candidate must have a strong understanding of user-centred design principles and be able to translate business requirements into natural, intuitive, visually appealing, and user-friendly interfaces.
- Hold yourself and the design team responsible for customer outcomes
- Lead and execute all design aspects across several products and features
- Create wireframes and prototypes to test and refine designs
- Measure and monitor progress both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Produce final designs that are visually appealing and user-friendly
- Collaborate with PMs, Engineers, and Go-To-Market
- Advocate for the prioritisation of design-centred refinements/improvements
- Guide and mentor other designers and employees
- Educate stakeholders on latest design trends and technologies
What you need to be successful:
- 6 years experience in product design or UX as lead/manager
- Experience with B2B end users and discovery process
- Experience designing across multiple teams in a matrixed org
- Portfolio of product designs that are known and well-loved by users
- Experience working in a scrappy and ambiguous start-up environment
- Ideally Bachelor's in Design, HCI, or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you
Generous financial reward for your effort
- Twice a year compensation reviews
- Generous equity package
- 5% employer match on pension
Time off and flexible working
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Ability to work from abroad for up to 6 weeks/year
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Flexible hours and hybrid working
- Additional leave to support you when you need it, including sick pay, compassionate leave, or paid time-off to recharge after an intense work period
Support for your health and wellbeing
- Highest tier of private health coverage through Bupa
- Access to a virtual GP through Babylon
- Mental health and career coaching through Sanctus
- Free annual Headspace subscription
- L&D budget to use on Learnerbly (our learning platform)
- Cycle to Work scheme
At Tractable, we are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive workplace where people’s varied backgrounds and experiences are valued and recognised.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and offer equal opportunities without discrimination.
Something looks off?