Principal Product Manager
Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
Tractable has a world-class culture, backed up by our team, making us a global employer of choice!
We're a diverse team, uniting individuals of over 40 different nationalities and from varied backgrounds, with machine learning researchers and motor engineers collaborating together on a daily basis. We empower each team member to have tangible impact and grow their own scope by intentionally building a culture centred around collaboration, transparency, autonomy and continuous learning.
Tractable is a product-led company that works backward from customer needs. We recognise, hire, and develop exceptional talent.
As a Principal Product Manager, reporting into the VP of Product, you will be responsible for building the foundational platform that enables applications across multiple domains and use cases. This AI-first platform will be used to power internal and external applications. As a result, you will work closely with our technical teams, third-party (3P) partners, and developer customers to build highly available and reliable primitives that power customer-facing applications.
Exceptional candidates are humble, customer-obsessed, attentive to details, highly technical, and exemplify Tractable’s cultural values. These candidates bias for action and think carefully through underlying processes that will lead to repeat success. This role requires strong technical knowledge and experience in both services-oriented architecture (SOA), 3P APIs, and machine learning (i.e. Computer Vision, LLM) pipelines (“MLOps”). Successful candidates will be obsessed with scalable architecture, clean API documents, and service level agreements (SLAs), that meet a high standard.
- Hold yourself and the team accountable to achieving customer outcomes
- Set technical plan and key performance indicators for your product(s)
- Execute crisply: plan, de-risk, communicate status, and pivot as needed
- Deliver iteratively within an agile software development framework
- Ruthlessly trade-off new features and existing product excellence
- Measure, monitor and communicate progress against KPIs
- Ensure customer service is excellent and that SLAs are met
- Recognise and invest in exceptional talent across the company
- Live Tractable’s values: we care about how you deliver results
What you need to be successful;
- 5-8 years PM experience working on AI-first products (e.g. CV, NLP)
- Experience with SOA and MLOps
- Experience with ambiguous problems within a start-up environment
- Experience using lightweight, scalable processes to amplify impact
- Experience delivering through cross-functional teams in a matrixed org
- Experience writing 3- and 1-year plans and executing to plan
- Passion for technology and not bound by not-invented-here thinking
What’s in it for you;
Generous financial reward for your effort
- Twice a year compensation reviews
- Generous equity package
- 5% employer match on pension
Time off and flexible working
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Ability to work from abroad for up to 6 weeks/year
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Flexible hours and hybrid working
- Additional leave to support you when you need it, including sick pay, compassionate leave, or paid time-off to recharge after an intense work period
Support for your health and wellbeing
- Highest tier of private health coverage through Bupa
- Access to a virtual GP through Babylon
- Mental health and career coaching through Sanctus
- Free annual Headspace subscription
- L&D budget to use on Learnerbly (our learning platform)
- Cycle to Work scheme
At Tractable, we are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive workplace where people’s varied backgrounds and experiences are valued and recognised.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and offer equal opportunities without discrimination.