Senior Software Engineer - AI Auto
Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
Tractable has a world-class culture, backed up by our team, making us a global employer of choice!
We're a diverse team, uniting individuals of over 40 different nationalities and from varied backgrounds, with machine learning researchers and motor engineers collaborating together on a daily basis. We empower each team member to have tangible impact and grow their own scope by intentionally building a culture centred around collaboration, transparency, autonomy and continuous learning.
What you will do
You’ll be part of a product development squad and help to build auto insurance tech solutions leveraging bleeding edge AI visual models to provide automation for our insurance customers.
Product squads for our auto products help our customers to generate estimates from a collection of damaged photos of the vehicle or help to review existing damage estimates that are sent by body shops. Our product greatly increases the efficiency of insurers’ processes and enables them to resolve their customers’ problems much more rapidly after an accident.
As an Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the entire lifecycle of the code you write: Development, test, deployment, support and any bug fixes. You’ll be a subject matter expert in at least a large part of the code base with a good understanding of the overall product.
On a day to day basis you will
- Be a member of your scrum squad developing solutions to make Tractable products better
- Write code with deep emphasis on scalability, reliability and maintainability.
- Actively participate in the various scrum ceremonies to promote collaboration between the squad members.
- Ensure that best engineering practices are followed.
- Pair with other Senior and Staff Engineers to break down complicated problems into actionable sprint items.
- Be a part of the on-call rota to provide support to your work product.
- Regularly present your tasks and achievements in the Tractable ceremonies like Show and Tell and Engineering Huddles.
- Be proactive in applying novel technologies in order to ensure incremental increase in quality and/or performance of the product.
Our Tech stack consists of
- AWS as our Cloud Service provider
- Serverless technologies (Lambda, SQS, Step Functions)
What you need to be successful:
Some of the qualities we’ll love to see are
- Experience or awareness with core AWS services including S3, Lambdas, EKS/ECS, SQS and SNS.
- Understanding of containers like Docker
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes.
- Reasonable understanding with SQL relational databases and non relational databases.
- Basic Knowledge of full stack product architecture with an emphasis on API and persistence layers.
- Understanding how a well architected stack looks like with Design Patterns, CI/CD, testing et.al.
- Demonstrate prior achievements of software delivery in prior projects.
- Strong communication skills to adapt well to our highly collaborative environment.
- A strong product mindset is crucial for us. You have worked closely with Architects / Senior / Staff level engineering and have an appetite to constantly evolve the tech stack.
What’s in it for you
- Generous equity package
- 23 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Ability to work from abroad for up to 6 weeks/year
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Flexible hours and hybrid working
- Leave to support you when you need it, including sick pay, compassionate leave, or paid time-off to recharge after an intense work period
- Mental health and career coaching through Sanctus
- Free annual Headspace subscription
- L&D budget to use on Learnerbly (our learning platform)
- Meal vouchers
At Tractable, we are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive workplace where people’s varied backgrounds and experiences are valued and recognised.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and offer equal opportunities without discrimination.