Software Engineer, APAC
Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
Tractable has a world-class culture, backed up by our team, making us a global employer of choice!
We're a diverse team, uniting individuals of over 40 different nationalities and from varied backgrounds, with machine learning researchers and motor engineers collaborating together on a daily basis. We empower each team member to have tangible impact and grow their own scope by intentionally building a culture centred around collaboration, transparency, autonomy and continuous learning.
We are seeking a software engineer to join our APAC Engineering team. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this role is tailored for a motivated professional with at least 3 years in software development, proficiency in Typescript and ReactJS, and excellent English language skills. The successful candidate will have opportunities to learn and demonstrate expertise in AWS technologies, specifically AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions, AWS API Gateway, AWS SQS, AWS IAM, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Cloud, and Terraform for infrastructure-as-code.
- Project Focus: Collaborate exclusively with the local Engineering Manager on the software development efforts for our new product development initiatives.
- ReactJS Development: Utilize your ReactJS experience to design and implement responsive, performant, and scalable web applications tailored to the requirements of the new product.
- AWS Integration: With the help of the Technical Lead, design and deploy useful products for our customers using AWS services, including Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, SQS, IAM, DynamoDB, and CloudFormation, ensuring alignment with the engineering strategy.
- Infrastructure-as-Code*: Implement Terraform for infrastructure-as-code, providing a foundation for consistent and reproducible deployments specific to the new product's architecture and keeping the Engineering Manager informed of progress and challenges.
- Collaboration: Effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative environment that encourages creativity and problem-solving, reporting progress and roadblocks to the Engineering Manager.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience.
- Proficiency in Typescript programming language.
- Professional experience in web development using ReactJS.
- Professional experience of or strong interest in using the AWS ecosystem, including Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, SQS, IAM, DynamoDB, and CloudFormation.
- Proficient in English, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and deliver high-quality results within the project timeline.
What’s in it for you
- Generous equity package
- Ability to work from abroad for up to 6 weeks/year
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Flexible hours and hybrid working
- Leave to support you when you need it, including sick pay, compassionate leave, or paid time-off to recharge after an intense work period
- Mental health and career coaching through Sanctus
At Tractable, we are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive workplace where people’s varied backgrounds and experiences are valued and recognised.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and offer equal opportunities without discrimination.