Location: Remote based in Spain/South Africa on CET/CAT or similar
What is TROOP, and why should I care?
It all starts with the question, “Where do we meet?”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd42BB6Pe8E
TROOP is a data aggregation and visualization technology that helps corporations identify the best meeting location in minutes using real-time data rather than opinions.
TROOP is on a mission to reinvent meeting planning, taking what is an inefficient, drawn out and laborious process today and making it simple and quick for anyone to organise a meeting. Workforces are now distributed, no longer office based everyday meaning that yesterday's commuter has become tomorrow's business traveler. Having up to date data to make the right decision on whether to meet in person, virtually or in a hybrid format is a must have for companies of any size however this has not been available to access dynamically from a single source until now with TROOP.
As companies focus on their environmental commitments they are turning to TROOP to help guide their teams as they aim to keep to carbon targets. The purpose of a meeting is more important than ever to understand and when approving a meeting, the costs and time spent traveling is key data to inform this investment decision. Staff wellness is key to optimising performance in today's workforce and understanding the impact on staff when planning a meeting by understanding the range of time zones people are attending and the time spent traveling to attend the meeting allows for more thoughtful scheduling of the meeting and choice of location. We have ambitious goals to be the leading solution introducing an end-to-end experience including booking, taking our data to where the conversation is being had and much more.
Our culture is built on an African philosophy called “Ubuntu” which means “I am because we are”. It refers to an environment of interdependence; the state of being dependent upon one another - Trust. We call ourselves TROOPers and we are people that are seeking adventure, who challenge the status quo, that enjoy innovating and want to be part of something special. We are doers, people that roll up our sleeves and get into the details, we own the problem and don’t stop until it is solved.
What you'll be doing:
- Create, enhance, and maintain test automation frameworks that can scale with the application's growth.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Tech Leads to design testing plans and facilitate releases for significant features.
- Propose and implement automated testing solutions to reduce the need for manual QA processes.
- Identify and report any bugs or issues discovered during testing.
- Verify that feature releases meet quality standards before sign-off from a testing perspective.
- Utilize applications within the QA environment to identify analytics and tracking issues.
- Conduct a range of tests, including functional, load, stress, performance, and usability testing, to ensure that the software is reliable and performs optimally.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in automation testing for both front-end and backend systems
- Experience with SDLC flow for manual end-to-end testing activities
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with analytical systems or tracking tools such as Google Analytics, GCP workflows, Segment, or LogRocket
- Solid experience with project and defect management tooling and SaaS platforms, and a working knowledge of project management tools such as Jira, Gitlab, or similar
- Ideally, background or experience working with GraphQL based systems
- Basic SQL command experience with databases preferred
- Flexible to work independently or with a team
- Excellent written/oral communication, presentation, and interactive skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
At TROOP, you will enjoy the following:
- Fair pay based on qualifications, experience, and fit for the role.
- The ability to work from anywhere (WFA within our standard time-zones)
- Being part of the initial team of a fast growing technology company
- An incredible team and value-driven culture.. See here: https://youtu.be/14zv5h3Fakg
- Being part of a fast-growing technology company which is supported by top investors
- The possibility to join our Stock Option Plan
TROOP hires globally and we are 100% virtual. We are looking for someone based in the South Africa, Spain or anywhere else on CET or CAT to enable interaction with TROOPERS based in Europe, South Africa and the USA.
Something looks off?