Location: Remote based in Spain/South Africa on CET/CAT or similar
TROOP is a group meeting planning and travel management platform that helps companies bring teams together for in-person meetings. The experience starts with TROOP’s award-winning Intelligent Destination Recommendations, which use advanced algorithms to help meeting planners pinpoint the perfect meeting destination, considering travel time, climate impact, budget, lodging availability and safety factors for all attendees.
Using TROOP, companies have saved millions in travel costs, employee time, and carbon emissions, making it possible for people to meet and build stronger relationships with their colleagues, clients, and partners, even in times of tightening budgets and travel restrictions.
TROOP believes in the power of shared experiences and the unifying impact of in-person meetings. We are on a mission to bring people together by transforming the meeting planning process.
At TROOP, we have ambitious goals to be the leading provider of end-to-end meeting planning tools. We started by inventing a completely new way for people to decide where to meet, but for us, the destination is just the beginning. We’re developing more innovative solutions that make it easier than ever to organize and host successful group meeting experiences.
TROOP is an international, remote-first company. Our colleagues are spread across the globe, with entities in Spain, South Africa, the UK, and the United States. Our culture is rooted in an African philosophy called "Ubuntu," which means "I am because we are." It refers to an environment of interdependence through trust. We call ourselves TROOPers, and we are people who seek adventure, challenge the status quo, enjoy innovating, and want to be part of something special. We are doers who roll up our sleeves and get into the details; we own the problem and only stop once it is solved.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to design software and platforms. You will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX/UI and other technical projects is essential.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Proven experience as a UX/UI Designer within the travel/events/meetings industry
- Solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Work from Anywhere: Break free from the traditional office constraints! With TROOP's work-from-anywhere policy, you can choose your workspace within your time zone.
- Join the Pioneering Team: As part of the initial team at TROOP, you'll be at the forefront of an extraordinary adventure. Picture yourself shaping the future of a fast-growing technology company where your ideas and contributions truly make a difference.
- Paid Time Off: We provide a generous PTO policy of 23 days per year, allowing you ample opportunity to relax, recharge, and have some well-deserved fun.
- Discover an Incredible, Supportive Team and Diverse Culture: Prepare to be amazed by the exceptional individuals who form TROOP's team. Collaborate with brilliant, multicultural minds, where diverse backgrounds unite for unparalleled collaboration… See here: (https://youtu.be/14zv5h3Fakg)
- Supported by Top Investors: TROOP's remarkable journey is backed by prestigious investors, such as the Madrona Group, who recognize its immense potential. Join forces with a company that has garnered the trust and support of the best in the industry.
- Possibility to become a shareholder: The ultimate advantage at TROOP. By owning shares, you actively shape the company's future, share in its success, witness astounding growth, and enjoy a long-term investment that aligns your personal triumphs with TROOP's achievements.
- Access to TalkLife: We offer access to “Talk Life” as a 100% free, anonymous platform where employees connect with others at any time for peer-to-peer support, offering and receiving advice, empathy, and encouragement regarding any situation on their mind. It is a complement to professional help and is available 24/7. (https://www.talklife.com/)
- Mental Health Budget: Yearly budget assistance for mental health support for all our employees.
- Unforgettable Adventures: At TROOP, we cherish the bonds we create and the time we spend together. So, as a special treat, we believe in celebrating our team's hard work and dedication. Each year, we embark on an incredible one-year trip to a surprise location courtesy of TROOP. You'll have the opportunity to explore new cultures, create lasting memories, and bond with your colleagues in a unique and exciting way.
TROOP hires globally, and we are 100% virtual. We are looking for someone based in South Africa, Spain, UK or anywhere else on CET or CAT to enable interaction with TROOPers based in Europe, South Africa, and the United States.