Enterprise Account Executive
TROOP is a group meeting planning and travel management platform that helps companies bring teams together for in-person meetings. The experience starts with TROOP’s award-winning Intelligent Destination Recommendations, which use advanced algorithms to help meeting planners pinpoint the perfect meeting destination, considering travel time, climate impact, budget, lodging availability, and safety factors for all attendees.
Using TROOP, companies have saved millions in travel costs, employee time, and carbon emissions, making it possible for people to meet and build stronger relationships with their colleagues, clients, and partners, even in times of tightening budgets and travel restrictions.
TROOP believes in the power of shared experiences and the unifying impact of in-person meetings. We are on a mission to bring people together by transforming the meeting planning process.
At TROOP, we have ambitious goals to be the leading provider of end-to-end meeting planning tools. We started by inventing a completely new way for people to decide where to meet, but for us, the destination is just the beginning. We’re developing more innovative solutions that make it easier than ever to organize and host successful group meeting experiences.
TROOP is an international, remote-first company. Our colleagues are spread across the globe, with entities in Spain, South Africa, the UK, and the United States. Our culture is rooted in an African philosophy called "Ubuntu," which means "I am because we are." It refers to an environment of interdependence through trust. We call ourselves TROOPers, and we are people who seek adventure, challenge the status quo, enjoy innovating, and want to be part of something special. We are doers who roll up our sleeves and get into the details; we own the problem and only stop once it is solved.
We are looking to hire an Enterprise/Mid-Market Account Executive (AE) that will be creating their own leads as they are converting opportunities provided by their SDR. This is a pure hunting role and is all about working through the sales cycle stages and closing deals at a regular cadence. Selling TROOP means educating prospects on the problem TROOP solves and listening to the customer to identify how TROOP can be part of their return to travel plan. You will be someone who constantly feeds off the feedback you are getting from prospects to hone your sales messages and share your learnings with colleagues. This role is not for the faint hearted, it is an ever evolving environment and you need to believe in the mission to be successful. It goes without saying that you meet or exceed sales targets each month, stay on top of deal progress through the pipeline, forecast accurately, and are happy to roll your sleeves up and create whatever materials you need to be successful.
What you'll be doing:
- Presenting demos to potential clients and owning the full sales cycle.
- Delivering monthly new sales targets by managing a pipeline of opportunities generated by your Sales Development (SDR) as well as your own prospecting.
- Seeking to understand the needs of your target prospects and articulating the value that TROOP provides which is most aligned to the needs of that customer.
- Update the CRM to document all activities on opportunities and follow-ups.
- Working closely with Marketing and other teams to improve the lead qualification process.
- Conducting a high-level discussion with a broad variety of stakeholder - C-suite specifically.
- Contribute to the growth and development of our product by providing feedback from conversations with your customers and prospects
- Travel and attend leading business-travel events and conferences such as GBTA
- Proven experience in SaaS/enterprise technology and business travel, including a strong followership and demonstrated track record of delivering results.
- Deep and solid network within the business travel industry.
- Has operated in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment, ideally in the start up space.
- Resilience and determination to succeed
- Proficient using HubSpot, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other Sales Productivity/Enablement tools is a must as you will use these every day
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English combined with very strong presentation skills as you will be emailing and talking to prospects everyday
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within sales and the wider organisation over time
- Work from Anywhere: Break free from the traditional office constraints! With TROOP's work-from-anywhere policy, you can choose your workspace within your time zone.
- Join the Pioneering Team: As part of the initial team at TROOP, you'll be at the forefront of an extraordinary adventure. Picture yourself shaping the future of a fast-growing technology company where your ideas and contributions truly make a difference.
- Paid Time Off: We provide a generous PTO policy of 23 days per year, allowing you ample opportunity to relax, recharge, and have some well-deserved fun.
- Discover an Incredible, Supportive Team and Diverse Culture: Prepare to be amazed by the exceptional individuals who form TROOP's team. Collaborate with brilliant, multicultural minds, where diverse backgrounds unite for unparalleled collaboration… See here: (https://youtu.be/14zv5h3Fakg)
- Supported by Top Investors: TROOP's remarkable journey is backed by prestigious investors, such as the Madrona Group, who recognize its immense potential. Join forces with a company that has garnered the trust and support of the best in the industry.
- Possibility to become a shareholder: The ultimate advantage at TROOP. By owning shares, you actively shape the company's future, share in its success, witness astounding growth, and enjoy a long-term investment that aligns your personal triumphs with TROOP's achievements.
- Access to TalkLife: We offer access to “Talk Life” as a 100% free, anonymous platform where employees connect with others at any time for peer-to-peer support, offering and receiving advice, empathy, and encouragement regarding any situation on their mind. It is a complement to professional help and is available 24/7. (https://www.talklife.com/)
- Mental Health Budget: Yearly budget assistance for mental health support for all our employees.
- Unforgettable Adventures: At TROOP, we cherish the bonds we create and the time we spend together. So, as a special treat, we believe in celebrating our team's hard work and dedication. Each year, we embark on an incredible one-year trip to a surprise location courtesy of TROOP. You'll have the opportunity to explore new cultures, create lasting memories, and bond with your colleagues in a unique and exciting way