Live Chair Health
Who we are
Live Chair Health (LCH) is a culturally relevant community platform powered by tech-enabled services. LCH helps health plans engage and activate their members, especially those they have historically struggled to reach, such as minorities and underserved populations. LCH builds stronger, healthier and more stable communities by reducing health disparities and improving life expectancy, particularly for underserved populations
How we do this
LCH deploys culturally relevant Community Health Workers and tech enabled services to underserved communities in order to drive the Next Best Actions related to Preventative, Social, and Administrative Care goals.
By combining the best of community organizing, consumer marketing, and technology, we work with and empower trusted community hubs and create lasting change from the bottom up to build stronger and healthier communities.
Having started in Maryland and California, we’re actively expanding into multiple markets arcorss the U.S. Our tribe of supporters includes institutional venture capital firms and some of the most renowned operators in healthcare, culturally-relevant brand building, and consumer marketing.
About the position
The Engineering Manager role involves:
- Managing a team of Senior and Junior Developers as they plan, scope, build, test and deploy software releases to support the startups’ business needs
- This person will report to the CEO & Founder and collaborate closely with the Design team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to elevate the level of the engineering team at a critical juncture in decision making around our product
- The ideal fit should be highly skilled at owning many different tasks across various technical disciplines, ensuring completion, tracking team progress and assisting in getting releases deployed, defining priorities, working with other teams to understand their software needs, and then delivering on these on a weekly basis.
- 30-40% of this role will function as an individual contributor to start (goal to shift more into managerial role over the coming 6 - 12 months, growing the team out).
The ideal candidate will be both technically proficient and able to get their hands “dirty” in the code as well as have vision for bigger picture more strategic endeavors as they look to implement and drive industry development and testing best practices across the team and business.
Our Tech Stack:
- React v16.8+
- React Query
- RTL + Jest
- Have experience growing teams during periods of fast scale and are able to make hard decisions and tradeoffs, and thrive on high levels of ownership, responsibility, and autonomy.
- 3+ years directing and leading a team of developers in an agile environment creating world class web-based software that scales to Enterprise level
- 7-10 years of Software development experience delivering web services.
- Managing Development team and QA, contributing to the Product structure and operations.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives at the same time.
- Experience working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, – ranging from architecture and design to implementation, testing and deployment.
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues.
- Bring new technical ideas to fruition by prototyping new ideas and transforming projects into production-ready releases.
- Collaboration with other teams is paramount to understand the needs, priorities and goals of the customers who use the software.
- Proactive and have the ability to help drive and gather requirements and experience delivering technical solutions for business needs
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with a commitment to delivering high quality software that balances technical and business goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with a variety of audiences at all levels
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail.
What Live Chair Health Offers
- Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team.
- Opportunity to play an important role and contribute meaningfully to the success of an early-stage healthcare transformation venture.
- Opportunity to develop and earn more responsibility and rewards.
- A competitive compensation package, health, and dental, with equity
- PTO: Unlimited vacation with sensible request
- This role is fully remote.
Something looks off?